The Names of Christ
DIY Christmas Tree Ornaments
Yesterday was the first of December and our family put up our Christmas tree.
As I stood back and admired our rather haphazardly placed decorations (compliments of our 5 children) I noticed we have a rather diverse range of Christmas tree ornaments, from store bought baubles, Jesse tree ornaments, Sunday School crafts and other homemade decorations. The children enjoyed looking over the ornaments they had made in the past and talking about each of them.
That got me thinking about possible new ornaments to make and discuss for next year and I came across these “Names of Christ” ornaments.
These particular ornaments are actually available to purchase but could be easily made with some plywood shapes from a craft store (example below). You could paint or write the Names of Christ onto the ornaments, or even use lettered stickers. To hang the ornaments you could use twine or pretty ribbon.
Here are some of the names you could use:
- Holy One: (Acts 3:14; Psalm 16:10)
- Judge: (Acts 10:42; 2 Timothy 4:8)
- King of kings and Lord of lords: (1 Timothy 6:15; Revelation 19:16)
- Light of the World: (John 8:12)
- Prince of peace: (Isaiah 9:6)
- Son of God: (Luke 1:35; John 1:49)
- Word: (John 1:1; 1 John 5:7-8)
- Emmanuel: (Isaiah 9:6; Matthew 1:23)
- I Am: (John 8:58, with Exodus 3:14)
- Lord of All: (Acts 10:36)
- True God: (1 John 5:20)
- Bread of Life: (John 6:35; 6:48)
- Deliverer: (Romans 11:26)
- Good Shepherd: (John 10:11,14)
- High Priest: (Hebrews 2:17)
- Lamb of God: (John 1:29)
- Mediator: (1 Timothy 2:5)
- Rock: (1 Corinthians 10:4)
- Resurrection and Life: (John 11:25)
- Savior: (Matthew 1:21; Luke 2:11)
- True Vine: (John 15:1)
- Way, Truth, Life: (John 14:6)